Pike Place Market and downtown Seattle may be a little crazy sometimes, but it’s where you can have the raddest of weddings if you’re as cool as Robin and Jon! Here are 14 ways their wedding was quite a bit of fun this summer!
1. Robin and her girls got ready at Seattle’s new Palladian Hotel (by the Kimpton group). It has paintings like this one of Jimmy in its hallways. And cushions
with Weird Al in the rooms. Is that Weird Al? Or the guy who played Borat? with Frank Zappa, my friend Misty tells me!
Ooh, found this laying around. A love note for groom Jon, possibly?
In the meantime, Robin was getting prettied up.
2. Jon, who’s pretty awesome, was ironing his shirt when I visited. Which I think is very sexy, a groom doing chores on his big day.
3. Meanwhile, Robin’s wedding party had an impromptu dance party in their room!
4. And in the middle of the dance party, Robin got dressed.
5. Wherein we convinced Robin she looks better without Spanx, which she absolutely did not need!
6. Robin’s sparkly wrist band. What??? Why isn’t everyone wearing one? I want one.
7. And then we went to Elliott Bay Room, where the ceremony was at, and Robin had shots with her girls. Did you know you get this rad view from their meeting room?
Pictured here doing a spin is planner extraordinaire Erica from Two Birds Events!
Last tequila shot as a single woman!
8. While Robin celebrates the last few moments of her singlehood, Jon is writing his love note.
9. Robin and Jon had their good friends perform their processional, I will by The Beatles. It was perfect.
9. Robin and Jon elected to see each other only when Robin walked down the aisle. A traditional twist to a pretty non-traditional couple. Love it when my couples mix it up.
10. And then they took a short walk to their reception, at 1927 Events. How cool is THAT?
11. Had the best entrance because everyone they love was in the same room!
12. At the reception, DJ Adam Harke (who is the raddest I’ve heard in a while) spun some of Jon’s old records.
13. From the DJ, I spotted their wedding cake with Seahawks colors!
14. But first, Robin’s dad (a musician) gave possibly the best toast I’ve heard in seven years of weddings. Sadly, I can’t reproduce it here but safe to say I was in tears, along with Robin and Jon and everyone else in the room!
Which was balanced off by quite a funny tribute by Jon’s brother.
Now on to the party!